Tahoe Motor Mounts Removal

bassinjim

Tahoe Motor Mounts Removal

Unread post by bassinjim » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:13 am

What is the best way to remove the nuts that hold the lower motor mounts that are locater inside the frame? The vehicle is a 1995 Chevy Tahoe. Special tool? Drill access holes? Remove lower arm?

carriedi

Re: Tahoe Motor Mounts Removal

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:52 am

doesn't that mount have a long bolt going through the middle? That you could remove the long bolt through the middle and lift the motor up? unbolt the mount from the block
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

bassinjim

Unread post by bassinjim » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:35 am

Yes, it does have a long bolt going through the middle. This bolt is what holds the upper mount to the lower mount. The upper mount is bolted to the engine block. The lower mount is bolted to the frame. The lower mount is what I am trying to remove. I am not trying to separate the mounts. I have already performed that step. I want to know how to remove the lower mount that is bolted to the frame. There are two nuts holding the mount to the frame. There is about a 1 inch clearance to go through the frame and then about 6 more inches to get to the nuts.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:11 am

ok, I am going to see if I can find a truck to look at what you are talking about. What is it that you are trying to do on your truck? Why are you looking to unbolt the frame bracket for the mount? If you are replacing the mount you don't take the bracket off. You take out the long bolt and unbolt the block side and lift the motor so the mount has enough room to get it out. you put the new mount in and bolt it up to the block then lower the engine back down until you can out the long bolt back and you're done.

but I will check on access to the bracket bolts
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.