02 sensor

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
Ter813

02 sensor

Unread post by Ter813 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:32 pm

I have 01 SC that is reading a code for a bad 02 sensor. My problem is that it won't stay running. I didn't think 02 sensor would keep car from running. Could it be the fuel pump

carriedi

Re: 02 sensor

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:13 pm

what was the code?

most of the time an oxygen sensor code won't make it so a car won't stay running but anything is possible.

Why jump to the fuel pump?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

ter8131962

Unread post by ter8131962 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:20 pm

It's the O2 sensor in the front of the engine. I'm not sure if it's called the upstream or Downstream. As far as thinking it's a fuel pump I've already checked the fuse for the Relay I check the serpentine belt the timing belt and it just isn't getting any fuel

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:51 am

what was the code number? was it for lean, rich, not switching, heater...? then it should tell what sensor, B1S1, B1S2...

Have you done a fuel pressure test to see what your fuel pressure is? (or isn't...)

why don't we start from the beginning. What is your car doing? When you say it won't stay running, are you saying that the engine starts every time but stalls out after a while? If so, how long does it stay running? After it dies will it restart right away and then do the same thing all over again? Is the security light coming on?

If you add an external fuel source like carb cleaner will the engine keep running? If you can extend the run time with external fuel then check the fuel pressure and verify fuel injector pulse. Do you have the correct fuel pressure and no injector pulse or do you have injector pulse and not the correct fuel pressure? Fuel pressure spec - 40psi min, 55psi max
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.