2003 Satrun Vue starts but shuts right off.

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
Cook

2003 Satrun Vue starts but shuts right off.

Unread post by Cook » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:36 pm

The Vue did start and stay running once out of maby 100 starts over several days. Still starts and shuts right off.

carriedi

Re: 2003 Satrun Vue starts but shuts right off.

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:01 pm

check your anti-theft light. If the anti-theft system activates it will shut off your fuel injectors. If you can get it scanned you would be able to see if there are any passlock codes.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Armando

Unread post by Armando » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:54 pm

Stars when cold. Reaches normal temp, shot it off and will not start,again.

Armando

Security passlock

Unread post by Armando » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Replaced new cylinder and key. How do i reprogram it.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:13 pm

so, how long does that take to get to normal temp?

if you don't shut it off will it stay running? because you say that it starts when cold. reaches normal temp and then it won't start after you shut it off. So, if you didn't shut it off would it have stayed running?

If the condition is only no start when the engine is warm you should look at two things first. The temp sensor and the pressure regulator. either one could cause the engine to flood creating the no start problem on a warm engine. Also, if the engine is flooding you can do a simple task to see if you can over-ride that condition. When the engine won't start when it's warm, try putting the gas pedal to the floor while you crank the engine over. When you do that the engine sees the Wide open throttle on cranking and will shut off the fuel injectors. If the engine is flooding with gas, turning the injectors off will clear out the fuel while cranking and the engine may start. Just remember when the engine does start, don't keep your foot to the floor and over rev the engine. If that does start you engine, it will probably run very rough until it completely clears out all the extra fuel that was in the engine.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm not sure what happened there but I think I wrote a response and posted it at the same time you wrote another post.

so, on your second part about the key, Why did you replace the key and lock cylinder?

to reprogram the passlock to your new key-

first you should hook your battery up to a battery charger because it may take a half an hour with the key on to program.

1. turn the key to on with the engine off. then try to start the engine (only try to crank for a couple of seconds) after it cranks for a couple of seconds let the key go back to the run position.

do not turn the key off. watch the security light. after about 10 minutes the security light should go out.

2. after the light go off, turn the key off for 5 seconds or so, then do step 1. all over again.

It may take a totle of three times before the relearn is complete. that's why I said about 1/2 hour. Sometimes, it will take after the very first time but don't count on it.
if you do it for the three times and it still doesn't start you may have to look at the wiring from the lock cylinder to the passlock module. There may ba abad connection causing the problem.