What Is The Best Vehicle You Have Ever Owned?

Cast your vote to our latest automotive question topics.
Forum rules
Give us your opinions. Vote in our polls and view the results. Open To ALL.

You may select 1 option

View results
butchkaz
Site Admin

Unread post by butchkaz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Choose your favorite car or truck.
New or used vehicles.
Car forums.
Vote for the best you ever owned.
Tell us the reason for your decision if you want.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

ProTech

Re: What Is The Best Vehicle You Have Ever Owned?

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 pm

The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned has been my Chevy Silverado!
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

wildman

Unread post by wildman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:04 am

Believe it or not, of all the vehicles I've owned (and there's been a bunch) the best by far was my old 86 model 3/4 ton conversion van. I bought it well used from the previous owner who had bought it new and traveled extensively.

Not only was it like sitting in my living room with enough room for the entire family, but it was a pleasure to drive. Ended up using it as a daily driver and hated when we replaced it with the Astro (also conversion).

Even with the motor (and then transmission) change I put into it, by far it was my favorite. When I changed the motor (305) it was running on 3 cylinders and still made it home. It had gotten hot and the wife drove it @ 100 miles home. The 350 I replaced it with (from a retired police cruiser) really brought it to life- but in hindsight might had been the cause for the new transmission :)

Didn't matter if I was pulling the trailer, going on long trips, or driving to the store it was always in plush comfort and never once failed to make it home. We've had nicer vehicles but none were more liked or dependable than the big beast.
Shade-tree mechanic

Did You Find Some Great Help?
Why make a small tip / donation to show your appreciation-
Help Keep Us Free

flownaksala

Unread post by flownaksala » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:29 pm

I've had multiple vehicles over the years. The most fun would be my RX-7 Turbo. But the absolute overall best vehicle I've ever owned is my current 2011 Toyota Prius. It handles and rides beautifully, gets 50 miles per gallon and has never had a single problem with over 170000 miles on it now. I should mention that I religiously change the oil with Full synthetic every 10000 miles as recommended by the manufacturer. I also use a great vehicle maintenance program on my computer called Automotive Wolf car care software. that reminds me when any car maintenance is due and keeps a detailed vehicle maintenance log for me. I really could not be happier with my Prius!