Dodge flashes no bu5 on dash

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
joey9819

check engine light is on Dodge Neon

Unread post by joey9819 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 am

2005 dodge neon 2.0. Check engine light popped on and car started acting like it was running out of gas. vehicle will not run over 25 mph without wanting to quit. extremely rough running over 2000 rpm. under 2000 rpm vehicle is fine. could it be a fuel pump or fuel pump relay problem ?

carriedi

Re: check engine light is on Dodge Neon

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:21 am

most likely not the relay. relay is just an on/off switch. fuel pump, plugged cat, you should look at the data stream with a scanner and see what the fuel trims and O2 sensors are showing
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

drewcourduff

Dodge flashes no bu5 on dash

Unread post by drewcourduff » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:41 pm

My 2001 Dodge Ram pickup 5.2L stalled and wont start. It flashes "no bu5" instead of the odometer reading. Its the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Does anyone know what this means? I scanned for DTC codes and none show up. I've also checked all the fuses and relays and their okay.

carriedi

Re: Dodge flashes no bu5 on dash

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:55 pm

you need to check all the computers on the bus. One of the systems is not sending the information. Did your scanner show no codes or did it not communicate with the PCM? does the scanner you scanned for codes have the ability to scan the instrument cluster and the central timer module?

bad pcm, shorted crank sensor/cam sensor, wiring between modules shorted... it's going to take some in depth checking when you see the "no bus" in the instrument cluster
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.