Electrical problem 1993 Dodge Shadow

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
dmeintzer

Re: Electrical problem 1993 Dodge Shadow

Unread post by dmeintzer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Ok. Thanks. Of course it had to snow so I can freeze my but off tomorrow tracing wires. I just want to say thank you again for your continued support! I will be sending a donation soon! I want to get the car fixed and have put a bunch of money into it but I will not forget your help.

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:42 am

Thank you, too!
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

dmeintzer

Unread post by dmeintzer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey, took all day but I found the short! It was two grounds that broke on the passengers kick panel. Problem solved! I still need to change one front turn signal socket. When I put a new bulb in, the center brake light stopped coming on with the park lights. Good news but the passenger rear bulb is still too brite. I am changing the rear shocks and of course the passengers side top shock bolt will not budge. I soaked it in WD 40, let it soak a couple of hours and it still won't budge. Any suggestions? I will be sending a donation this week. How do I make sure it goes to you?

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Glad you found the problem! Figured it was a wiring issue somewhere along the way. As for the shock bolt, keep soaking it in penetrating oil, even for days if need be. If it still won't come loose, you will either have to cut it off or try applying some heat to it with a torch. Just be very careful around any fuel lines or other flammable areas! Once some heat gets to it, usually they will break loose and be fine. Any donation you make will automatically go to me, so thank you in advance!

dmeintzer

Unread post by dmeintzer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks agian! I sprayed the bolt 4 more times and will let it soak overnight. Hope that does the trick. I will be getting some funds mid week and I will donate for your help! How do I do that?

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 am

I'm sure our Admin has been following this post and will provide a link or send you an email on how to do so. Thank you!