94 accord lx has no spark, loses voyage to CPA

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Honda questions now.
Kayladrury

94 accord lx has no spark, loses voyage to CPA

Unread post by Kayladrury » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:44 pm

My 1994 Honda Accord LX has no spark, loses voltage to crankshaft position sensor during cranking. The voltage starts at 8 volts and drops to -5.6 volts. I've installed a new crank sensor distributor and coil. I bought the car not running, it has a junkyard ECM/ECU. So, I'm not sure when the problem occurred. Please help, thanks!!

carriedi

Re: 94 accord lx has no spark, loses voyage to CPA

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:18 pm

wow, you replaced most of the stuff. take the distributor cap and rotor off. have someone crank the engine over and check for spark out of the coil with a test light. If you have no spark you should check the wires going to the coil. Disconnect both wires. turn the key to the run position and find out which of the two disconnected wires has power. If one has power that's good. Now hook the wire that doesn't have power to your test light and the other end of the test light to battery +. Crank the engine over and see if the light flickers as it cranks. (if you have a logic probe you could do this test without disconnecting the wires. just look for the probe to switch from red to green very quickly)

ECM's have been found to cause a no spark. Igniters have too. Some after market distributors fail out of the box.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Kayladrury

Unread post by Kayladrury » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:27 pm

I have an external coil

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:53 pm

that makes it easier. you do the same thing without having to take the cap off. the coil should have marks to tell you what is battery (+) and (-)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.