Toyota Low Tachometer And Then Engine Off

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Toyota questions.
jompert

Toyota Low Tachometer And Then Engine Off

Unread post by jompert » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:26 pm

Experts,
Please, kindly enlighten me on what could be wrong with my 2001 Toyota Avalon as I observed that the car`s engine vibrates whenever the tachometer reading is around 700rpm (when the car is in idle mainly during traffick), at idle state or when I on the ignition, i think it should not be below 1000rpm.

Because of this problem, if i drive in the night i normally experience flat battery the next morning when i want to start the car (maybe because the low reading is causing improper battery charging by the alternator). I dont use the A/c while in traffick because the extra load on the engine brings the tachometer reading down more which may eventually trip off the car. When I made a full steering turn, it trips off the car.

It was not like this before, PLEASE, advise me b4 I go the mechanic.

Thank You

carriedi

Re: Toyota Low Tachometer And Then Engine Off

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:50 pm

I would have your battery checked. A good battery will bring itself back up to charge if there is no load and it just sits for some time. You can check your charging system but if your battery doesn't have the amp reserve left in it it will sometimes not have enough cranking amps to start regularly.

you might want to check the operation of your Idle Air Control (IAC) valve. it should raise up your idle according to the load on your engine. If toy turn on the AC the idle should go up to support the extra load. It might also be the reason the idle is too low and lets the engine vibrate.

O the engine vibration at 700 rpm, it's possible that your engine mounts aren't absorbing and insulating your engine from the body. If the vibration seems to go away at normal idling rpm (like you said about 1000 rmp) then ley that go for now.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.