04 Envoy intermittant cruise control

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
eagleeye60

04 Envoy intermittant cruise control

Unread post by eagleeye60 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:11 am

When I start my Envoy in the morning the cruise doesn't work. After I shut it off and restart it cruise works fine. Same thing happens after it sits at work all day (13+ hrs). It is now becoming more prevalent and needs shut off and restarted more often which doesn't always fix the issue. I haven't found anyone else having this problem. Please help.

carriedi

Re: 04 Envoy intermittant cruise control

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:35 am

probably going to need a scanner for this one.

the TAC module, the vehicle speed sensor, checking the PIDs for the cruise control. Cruise control inhibit history...

Do you have a light that comes on to tell you the cruise is turned on or do you have a light that only lights up if the cruise is engaged? Do the lights for the cruise work normally?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

eagleeye60

Unread post by eagleeye60 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Light on dash is on only when cruise is set. Yes cruise lights work normally.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am

okay, so you need to use the scanner to see what is happening when it doesn't work. May have to use a lab scope to see if the button signals are all getting though to the cruise module. A worn contact could send intermittent signals. If the button contacts are all good then the things that keep the cruise working are the speed sensor signal, the brake pedal signal. The TAC controller and the pcm.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.