1998 GMC Suburban clicking noise under dash

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
kmad

1998 GMC Suburban clicking noise under dash

Unread post by kmad » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:45 am

When I turn key to start there is a clicking sound coming from under dash near floor on passenger side. It seems to be cycling on/off even when driving. Also, when I push the 4 wheel drive buttons the click seems to be louder and varies depending on which button I push. Once the vehicle warms up the clicking seems to subside.

TerryAuto

Re: 1998 GMC Suburban clicking noise under dash

Unread post by TerryAuto » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:15 pm

You say the clicking under the dash of your GMC gets louder when you push the four wheel drive buttons. Does the 4 wheel drive function normally? Also, do you notice any problems with the temperature of the air coming out of the vents. Meaning- if you set the controls to heat, does it blow cold?

fannietp8588

1995 gmc suburban under clicking

Unread post by fannietp8588 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:54 pm

my GMC 1995, which i am tryin to sell, makes this clicking, kind if when u get a straw an stik it in a fan propelr. Well this happens wen its idling when i accelerate wen parkd. i'm goin crazy. i dnt know what it is! -help me please!

carriedi

Re: 1995 gmc suburban under clicking

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:16 am

where is the noise coming from? is it the radiator fan hitting the shroud? is it the catalytic converter rattling? is it the starter gear hitting the ring gear? Is it your lifters not holding oil pressure and rattling? Is it coming from your accessory drive belt? Is it a relay?

If it is something you can hear, you will have to narrow it down by telling me where you hear it coming from.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.