98 GMC EVO Fustration

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
carriedi

Re: 98 GMC EVO Fustration

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm

so are you taking it back and getting another new pump?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Curt

Unread post by Curt » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Yes I will be taking it back.new pump will be a week or so. In the meantime I'm going to bypass the power boost assembly and hook the pump directly to the steering box. If the vibration is still there I will have at least isolated it to the pump and/or the steering box. If it is gone it would indicate the power boost assembly.

Curt

Unread post by Curt » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Bypassed the power boost, ran the pressure line to the steering box. This is a problem with the pump. The vibration is now isolated to the steering system alone. Very strange vibrations, I have never encountered a pump failure like this before. Still makes ample pressure but it pulsates. New one will be here on Wed. Wish the first one had worked, would have saved a lot of grief. Oh well, it's boring if we're not learning something new.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 am

LOL, you have a great attitude.

here is a video of a car that had a timing belt and new water pump installed only to find the new water pump was bad. It all had to done over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJJujulyVIo

just to say even new parts sometimes are bad

Curt

Unread post by Curt » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:52 pm

My life sucks, was notified by my parts store that the faulty pump I had received from them was the last that they had in Canada. The nearest one they could locate was in Texas. Was informed it would be up to me to purchase it from the Texas outlet and have it shipped. Went to another store and they were able to locate one in Eastern Canada. I purchased it but am paying them for the shipping, another week till it arrives. Was also informed by them that this was the last one that they had access to in Canada. This is a re-man Cardone with the EVO component. Have these pumps truly become that scarce? Crossing my fingers that this next one is operational.

Curt

Unread post by Curt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Installed the new pump, took the prime straight away. All systems go.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:01 pm

congrats