DTC B1024 Driver Deployment Loop Short to Ground

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
geverett

DTC B1024 Driver Deployment Loop Short to Ground

Unread post by geverett » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 pm

I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy I have a problem with the Airbag light and was rejected to state inspection. I have had the module replace a few years ago and the code is in the subject line. Where is this located I was told that it could be in the drivers seat and seat belt assembly area, the shop that is going to do the work seems to think that is could be the clock spring. Any answers on this so I don't get taken wold be great.

Gene Everett

ProTech

Re: DTC B1024 Driver Deployment Loop Short to Ground

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:00 pm

The driver deployment loop would be the main airbag located in the steering wheel, so a short to ground in any of those circuits is going to be in or near the steering column. It could very well be the clock spring, also called an SIR coil, or the airbag itself. It could also be a wiring problem at the airbag or going down the column. It should be pretty easy to spot once you or the shop get thing taken apart. They should be able to run resistance checks and continuity checks to find the issue.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Jeff Cunningham

I have a 1998 GMC pickup with a 5.7 l vortex 350 and I've done a readout and it'll be two and I am showing 40 codes and

Unread post by Jeff Cunningham » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:04 am

Can I pick up is GMC 3.0 excuse me 5.7 l I changed motors it ran for a week I parked it got it back it up and reverse it died it's buttered and hasn't started since I had no fire going to anything and that will be two reader says all my sensors are bad I don't believe that I'm going to miss reading somewhere can you give me some ideas thank you very much

carriedi

Re: DTC B1024 Driver Deployment Loop Short to Ground

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:19 pm

what are all the codes the computer stored that told you ther sensors were all bad?

If it ran for a week then it stopped running I would look for a wiring problem. The wiring must have been good if it was running for a week. A short or a pinched wire could have shorted the feed or return or power to the sensors you say are all bad. Or a connector came unplugged.

it's a little hard to follow what you mean though. No fire going to anything, Spark plugs? No power to the sensors?

it's buttered???

two reader, is that an OBD2 code reader? If it says the sensors are all bad, how does it tell you that?