knock sensor location cadillac

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Cadillac questions now.
joey9819

knock sensor location cadillac

Unread post by joey9819 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:52 pm

does anyone know the exact location of the knock sensor on a 94 deville concours ?

ProTech

Re: knock sensor location cadillac

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:34 pm

In the cylinder block right below the head. You may have one or two depending on the model. If you have two, one would be on each side of the block. Very easy to find.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

licolin

Re: knock sensor location cadillac

Unread post by licolin » Thu May 23, 2013 5:47 am

I do not know about Cadillac but usually knock sensor is located in the engine compartment. The sensor can be located on the side of the engine block near the freeze plugs or it is between the engine and transmission at the top of the bell housing.

richp1965

1998 Cadillac Deville power seat issues

Unread post by richp1965 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:31 am

Hey all Caddy lovers!
I have a 98 Cadillac Deville and this morning, I started the car and as soon as I did, the drivers seat back went all the way down in the say, laying down position and will NOT go back to the upright position. This happened one other time and it eventually went back up but this time, it hasnt. Is there anyway to override the switch or maunally get the seat back to the correct position? I cant drive the car as it is so if ANYONE has the answer, PLSSSSS let me know asap. You can even call me at 760-333-6594. Thanks very much!

TerryAuto

Re: 1998 Cadillac Deville power seat issues

Unread post by TerryAuto » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Sounds like a shorted wire or memory module under the seat. You could try to apply power and ground to the recliner motor to see if you can get it to come back up. You would need to remove the seat to do that, or to test why it is happening.

bprado579

CadillacWONT MOVE IN ANY GEAR

Unread post by bprado579 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 pm

I bought a car from a small personal dealership or whatever you call it. After driving for maybe 80 miles, I was on my way home on the hwy going 60 mph when I noticed a burning smell in the car, then noticed smoke (the car was NOT running hot but on the dash it did say "check coolant level"). Started to prepare to get off next exit to go to gas station and as I was pulling off I noticed rpm's were all the way to 6 and even though my foot was on the gas the speedometer was slowly dropping, as wrapping corner of exit car lost all speed, pulled on side of road and the car wouldn't move at all. makes really loud noise as press on gas and will not move in any gear. Also noticed wet fluid on road where I had pulled off and wrapped corner of exit..there was also greasy substance ALL over passenger side of car. Friend came to help but doesn't know much about cars, went and bought coolant (red stuff) and put that in but it still wouldn't move in any gear. Ended up having to tow it.PLZ HELP

carriedi

Re: CAR WONT MOVE IN ANY GEAR..PLZ HELP

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:04 am

I think you should have a repair shop look at your car. is there a shop that you go to for maintenance or repairs? you might want to look to see if your car has a transmission dip stick and check the tranny fluid level. If you have a transmission line that is leaking or broken you might have pumped the trans fluid out. That would cause smoke if the fluid sprayed on the exhaust system and account for the trans to stop working.

a shop should be able to put the car up in the air and check underneath to see where or what is leaking and proceed from there.

bprado579

Re: CAR WONT MOVE IN ANY GEAR..PLZ HELP

Unread post by bprado579 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:57 pm

I appreciate your reply. I called the place where car was bought and they said they would have their mechanics look at it but I would have to take it to Snellville Ga. So I did, and I'm waiting to see what happens from there. The guy that towed the car said he did some mechanic work but nothing to do with transmissions, but he had an idea that it's a leak on the transmission line or something. I will let you know.

trucker2274

sts cadillac runs away

Unread post by trucker2274 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:26 pm

why my sts cadlilac run away when you start it.

carriedi

Re: sts cadillac runs away

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:56 pm

without any more information than that I would look for a vacuum leak.

01deville

Cadillac Deville bulb replacement

Unread post by 01deville » Sun May 22, 2016 8:49 am

I have a 01 deville and the light in the front ashtray is not working. I replaced the bulb and nothing happened. I'm wondering is there a small fuse in the light socket as it being larger in size.

carriedi

Re: Cadillac Deville bulb replacement

Unread post by carriedi » Sun May 22, 2016 2:03 pm

are you checking it with your headlights on or off? I think it's on with the dash illumination. If it's not on but the parts of the dash illumination come on I would look at the wiring to the individual light. There is no fuse in the light socket itself. And there isn't a fuse solely for the ashtray light. Should be powered up with a yellow wire from the dash illumination circuit and grounds on the black wire. verify that you have power when the parking lights or headlights are turned on. And ground on the black wire.