2002 olds Silhouette

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Tbartif6

2002 olds Silhouette

Unread post by Tbartif6 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:34 am

My 2002 olds Silhouette was running great but I let my nephew drive it to Idaho from South Carolina, now before he drove it I had noticed that when I tried to crank it,it wouldn't turn over but I would try to crank it again and it cranked right up. The van ran perfect, no knocks in the engine or problems with the transmission.It ran perfect going to Idaho although hesitated to crank once on the trip. As soon as he made it to Idaho to his apartment
He turned it off and when he tried to crank it it would start at all, he tried jumping it off but no luck so due to money constraints the van sit a little under a month and he finally towed it to the mechanic and they replaced the starter so now it will crank butt it won't stay cranked so now they are trying to figure out what's wrong. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

carriedi

Re: 2002 olds Silhouette

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:57 am

not cranking and the starter took care of that. I get that. What do you mean 'now it will crank but it won't stay cranked'?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Unread post by Guest » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:08 am

After the starter was replaced it would crank and run for a few seconds then stall out. The mechanic says its running now but very rough and he told my nephew he wouldn't trust to drive it back to SC from Idaho. It actually sat for a month And three weeks before taking it to the mechanic. I just don't understand why it ran perfect before starter went out and now it runs rough and is not able to be driven very far

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:19 am

without looking at the vehicle it is very difficult to know what is going on with why it is running rough. Did the mechanic say why he thought it was running rough? Too rich? too lean? Missing? Hunting or surging idle? Is the check engine light on? Or flashing? Plugged cat?

Hooking up to a scanner could tell you a lot about what is going on.

South Carolina to Idaho and back... Navy?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.