2004 Trailblazer - rear rattle noise

JR Matos

2004 Trailblazer - rear rattle noise

Unread post by JR Matos » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 am

Took the unit to an authorized center in order for them to diagnose the rattle noise on the rear - only when bumps are passed over. It was not properly diagnosed and had the front axle repaired - arms, rods and bushings. The noise is still heard at the rear. Checked the spare tire and any loose bolts and everything seems to be OK. Brake pads are relatively new. Any idea?
Thanks, Jose

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: 2004 Trailblazer - rear rattle noise

Unread post by butchkaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Rear stabilizer links are the most common cause for clunking, rattling in the rear of a Chevy Trailblazer. Driving at about 10 MPH, turn steering wheel quickly left then right to get the truck to roll side to side, then you should hear the noise.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

kwall639

Front end humming/vibration

Unread post by kwall639 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:45 pm

I have an 05 Trailblazer 2WD 6cl LT. I recently replaced the front driver side wheel hub and learned that both front tires were, what is called "cupping" so I had them rotated to the rear. I know this will still make noise until they wear down. How ever i'm still getting humming/vibration from the front end. I have ordered tie rods to replace the old ones but I don't know if this would be causing my issue. Could there be something i'm missing that could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance
KW

carriedi

Re: Front end humming/vibration

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:28 am

don't think your tie rods are going to make a humming noise. I would still look at something rolling with the wheel speed unless the noise comes in from something other than wheel speed.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.