2002 Trailblazer Intermittent Electrical Problems

md1

2002 Trailblazer Intermittent Electrical Problems

Unread post by md1 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:08 am

What can we do about intermittent electrical problems? First the low beams go on and off, whenever, never leaving any code. The the Onstar mirror indicator light turns red and green and on occasion, no light. Transmission 4WD light indicator, and transmission slips out of the running setting, allowing the engine to spin rapidly, but we don't move. Put it in the next higher setting, and the lights blink.

The N red light blinked one day, but I haven't seen that again. CHECK 4WD light comes on the dashboard, but goes out! Again...no codes are recorded for mechanics to research. I've already spent lots of money to get this car back to running while on vacation on an across country road trip, which is bad since when they fix the car in one town, and if that didn't work you can't take it back to them without turning back and adding more to your vacation costs! Doesn't Chevrolet care about it's customers.

There are so many questions on websites about the Low beam headlights....wouldn't your think they would have a fix for it?

ProTech

Re: 2002 Trailblazer Intermittent Electrical Problems

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, after reading and answering your other post about the mirror problem you may just have gotten too much rain into the vehicle and really caused some havoc with the entire electrical system.

I cannot give you an answer for every single thing on your list of problems. This would be something that has to be diagnosed in person by a technician when the problems are actually acting up.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

war

instrument cluster repair?

Unread post by war » Sun May 26, 2013 12:32 am

Does anyone know how to contact the person that repairs GMC instrument clusters? I thought I had seen mention of this on this forum.

ProTech

Re: instrument cluster repair?

Unread post by ProTech » Sun May 26, 2013 9:28 pm

The only way to get a GM instrument cluster repaired is to send it out through any GM dealership. There isn't a person on this site that does it.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

MikeSniderhan

Unread post by MikeSniderhan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:52 pm

that's not true, you can look online or local search. I got mine rebuilt by a guy local to me for about 120 bux and it works perfectly now. GM wants a fortune to do the same work. this guy told me the stepper motors only cost about 4bux each, the rest was for his labor,as I didn't know what I was doing I feel that was very reasonable

mrwhizard

Unread post by mrwhizard » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:40 am

These clusters and many other GM clusters from 2003 to earlier 2006 all have problems with defective stepper motors (these motors turn the pointers). They can be repaired here: http://www.mrwhizard.com

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:31 pm

It is true that these stepper motors go out and can simply be replaced. and they are all the same motor. fuel, temp, tach, speedo... one stepper rules them all. however, they are soldered in. same with the light bulbs now. the dash lights are all soldered into the circuit board too. if you can get the parts and can desolder and resolder circuit boards, it is a very simple operation.

If not, yes, going online to buy a repaired unit or have your unit sent in and fixed would be the way to go.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.