All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 5
Does anyone know how to contact the person that repairs GMC instrument clusters? I thought I had seen mention of this on this forum.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 665
The only way to get a GM instrument cluster repaired is to send it out through any GM dealership. There isn't a person on this site that does it.

GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

contributions: 6
that's not true, you can look online or local search. I got mine rebuilt by a guy local to me for about 120 bux and it works perfectly now. GM wants a fortune to do the same work. this guy told me the stepper motors only cost about 4bux each, the rest was for his labor,as I didn't know what I was doing I feel that was very reasonable

contributions: 2
These clusters and many other GM clusters from 2003 to earlier 2006 all have problems with defective stepper motors (these motors turn the pointers). They can be repaired here: http://www.mrwhizard.com

contributions: 2259
It is true that these stepper motors go out and can simply be replaced. and they are all the same motor. fuel, temp, tach, speedo... one stepper rules them all. however, they are soldered in. same with the light bulbs now. the dash lights are all soldered into the circuit board too. if you can get the parts and can desolder and resolder circuit boards, it is a very simple operation.

If not, yes, going online to buy a repaired unit or have your unit sent in and fixed would be the way to go.

Ask A Question Reply