No fuel to engine in Chevy Trailblazer

Lamar

No fuel to engine in Chevy Trailblazer

Unread post by Lamar » Wed May 15, 2013 1:38 pm

After putting fuel in yesterday I immediately stared having problems. The truck wouldn't move over 5 mph. I pulled off the road and things got worse. Finally it wouldn't idle at all just die, then not even start. I replaced the fuel filter even though fuel seems to be coming through fine. I checked the fuel pressure at the engine, but there was pressure at the port. HELP

ProTech

Re: No fuel to engine in Chevy Trailblazer

Unread post by ProTech » Wed May 15, 2013 3:24 pm

If this problem started right after you put fuel in the vehicle, then I'd say you got got bad gas. This isn't too uncommon, we see multiple cases like this every year.

You're going to have to get it towed to a shop, so they can take a sample of the gas and look at it and/or test it. Usually a mechanic can tell right away if it's crap just by looking. If this is the case, you're going to need to fuel tank drained, the lines cleaned out, the filter replaced (again), and preferably a fuel injection cleaning too.

You would also want to double check the fuel pressure with an appropriate gauge just to make sure the pump hasn't gone out.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

DomM

Unread post by DomM » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:58 pm

When I fill my tank with gas, sometimes the gauge works fine and sometimes it reads empty. When this happens, after about 30 miles it slowly starts to climb up and shows the correct amount of gas left. Normally when this happens the gauge goes to between 3/4 and full. Also, when I turn the key to start the engine, I must hold the key in the start position until it starts but when the gauge is working normally, I don't have to hold the key, it will automatically keep cranking until the engine starts. Not sure if this is connected to the fuel gauge problem. Should I replace the fuel pump or maybe just the sensor? I get a code of P0463

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:48 am

year, make, model and engine will help diag

p0463 is for fuel level sensor circuit high voltage.

your ignition switch sends a signal to the pcm to start your engine. The pcm tells the starter relay to allow the starter to crank your engine over. Your ignition switch does not actually go to the starter. The computer controls the starter. The computer turns on the starter relay and watches the crank signal to get the engine running. Once you turn the ignition switch to start you can let go right away. the computer will keep the starter cranking until the engine starts or if it doesn't see all the right signals it will turn the starter off.
Attachments
trailblazer-starter-circuit-schematic.jpg
Chevy Trailblazer starter wiring diagram.
trailblazer-starter-circuit-schematic.jpg (84.67 KiB) Viewed 8066 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.