Trailblazer actuator motor install placement and instruction

terri427

Trailblazer actuator motor install placement and instruction

Unread post by terri427 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 am

Please give instructions and placement of installation of a actuator motor. I have no air or heat blowing out of the dash vents.

ProTech

Re: Trailblazer actuator motor install placement and instruc

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm

First off, how do you know that you actually need an actuator? Has this been diagnosed by someone or are you just guessing that's what it needs?

I'd really need some more information to help you properly, such as what exactly is it doing? Can you hear any noises when you switch from heat to a/c? Does the blower motor function properly? Does the mode change when switch positions on the control head? Also, there are about 4 different actuators for the heating and air condition system on your vehicle, so I have no idea which one you're looking for help with.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

67stang

Unread post by 67stang » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Experiencing same symptoms. 03 Trailblazer, manual temp control. Fan blower fine, defrost venting fine, heat vs AC fine, floor air flow fine. Problem = No air coming thru dash vents no matter what mode setting. Did the battery disconnect, fuse rest process, all NG. Suggested next steps for problem identification? (seems like a common problem for this vehicle)

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 am

Probably a faulty mode door actuator. Quite common and fairly easy to replace.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+