All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
Got a 93 Chevy Suburban, Had the 5.7 motor rebuilt about a year ago and been chasing wiring issues every since. Got one last short I need to fix. It is a wire going to a sensor on the passenger side of the block down low right in front of the starter. The connecting wire is old and plastic and brittle and broke off. What the hell is that sensor? lol Please help. It has been shorting for awhile. When it shorts the check engine light comes on and the truck shifts REALLY hard from first to second. And just generally runs like crap, stalling and barely wanting to go. Getting extremely frustrated, as I love the truck, and have put more money in it than I will ever get out of it. But I'm about to push the damn thing in the river if ya get what I'm saying. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2244
if the sensor looks like this, it's the knock sensor. the connector and wire gets worn a lot so they make a replacement. NAPA # for the connector is FSC10

Attachments:
knock.jpg
knock.jpg [ 66.15 KiB | Viewed 1096 times ]
FSC10.jpg
FSC10.jpg [ 8.19 KiB | Viewed 1096 times ]

Ask A Question Reply