2007 Chevy Suburban starting problems

kmcrae1

2007 Chevy Suburban starting problems

Unread post by kmcrae1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:15 pm

When starting vehicle after releasing key from the start position starter and engine contniues to turn over but does not crank. After 2 seconds engine and starter will quit turnover. Have to repeat several times before finally engine will run. I hear no nose out of fuel pump, No codes are set. Replaced battery and ingnition switch. What is causing the issue?

Meccboy

Re: 2007 Chevy Suburban starting problems

Unread post by Meccboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 pm

The truck continuing to crank is a normal condition. Most newer GM vehicles will continue to crank until it starts, or for 2 seconds after key release.
No fuel pressure is your problem. Will need to check for power at purple wire on fuel tank unit. This is the power feed to the pump.

tirerob

Unread post by tirerob » Sun May 17, 2015 3:06 pm

hi everybody, i have a 2008 suburban that has a problem at at startup. turn the key, wait for fuel pressure or not and start it will stumble and hesitate until its ran for a few seconds or the throttle is blipped. just yesterday it hesitated at the blip as well. this problem started immediately after installing our rebuilt lc9 5.3l flex(more on that in a sec) and seems to be getting worse. ok..heres whats been done.

as stated, 08 of 07 suburban, 5.3l lc9 vin3 flexer. magnacharger on top, retuned(by magnacharger)ecu/tcu, so no tuner pod. the engine was rebuilt at 144000 because of failed ringlands amazingly enough the cam and lifters were fine, although new now. the factory pistons were replaced with 9.75-1 forged manley pistons and the rotating assembly has been balanced. runs smooth like no chevy i have ever owned, and there is a few. since no cel''s and seems to be a progressing issue there are two things i have been considering.

currently it on key on, fuel pressure is 55-57psi. 60 max on startup but holds 55 running.
bleeds down 20 psi in two hours. over night its down to 25ish

case reset. i havent had this done(didnt know...) all the sensors on the block are new.
fuel pump. booo...but the suburban set with the fuel lines open and dry for probably two months or so while we waited for rebuild and me to finish the install.

there also has been a occasional puff of smoke from the tail, but its a brand new build. if it didnt use a bit of oil id be worried more lol. bout a quart every 1500. well...1-1.5 every 2k id guess. damm thing gets 17-19 on the highway with cylinder dod deactivated hahahha

thanks for the help in advance! also i have a brand new ac delco fuel pump sitting on the shelf, ouch but its ready. i also have a fuel pressure gauge on the rail right now. can post pics and video if you need it! thanks!

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon May 18, 2015 12:05 am

you're probably going to need a scanner with data stream capability. Scan the data stream when you first start it up and see how things are reacting. Idle air control, fuel trims, bad O2 sensor, map sensor, vacuum leak, temp sensor...

coil acting up, plugs or wires going bad...

when you first start up and the engine is cold it puts a bigger load on the ignition system. So the spark will look for an easier path to ground.

If you have a scanner that can graph the cylinder misfires, that may help see if the rough running is tied to certain cylinders. Maybe check mode 6 info.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.