Ripped Off by a Dealership??????

Muggsy

Ripped Off by a Dealership??????

Unread post by Muggsy » Wed May 28, 2014 5:23 pm

A friend took his 1996 Chevy 2500 to a dealership to have the front drivers side axle seal replaced In doing so the dealership managed to ruin axle and the adjusting nut for ring gear. He said that he used a slide hammer which i dont believe, then he cut the mounting plate off the axle, and then Mutilated the nut with a punch and hammer. Which cost him and extra 600 dollars. I think He ruined the nut with the torch. then he tried to explain that he put a puller on the axle which makes absolutely no scents what are you going to pull off of? he said that the plate was cracked I can guess how that happened, Any thoughts? Thanks

carriedi

Re: Ripped Off by a Dealership??????

Unread post by carriedi » Thu May 29, 2014 3:17 am

replacing the drivers side axle oil seal is a simple task with the right tools. once you have removed the half shaft you do use a slide hammer with an adapter to remove the output shaft. You do have to be careful not to damage the case on removal. remove the seal deflector and pry out the seal. You use the slide hammer to remove the bearing. I don't know what was actually done to your friends truck. It shouldn't be all that complicated.
Attachments
k2 front.jpg
k2 front.jpg (142.28 KiB) Viewed 6475 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

sheryschevy

o-ring replacement

Unread post by sheryschevy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:36 am

can somebody please tell me how to put a o-ring on the dipstick tube, I have to do it myself and I want to do it right!

carriedi

Re: o-ring replacement

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:54 pm

most of the time you have to remove the dipstick from the block. Because they are kinda pressed in, they don't want to come out very well. you may damage the tube taking it out. before you star you should make sure that you can get a new dipstick tube. If you are very lucky you might be able to just unbolt the dipstick bracket bolt and pull up on the bracket while wiggling the tube while you pull but more than likely you will need to hammer it up from underneath and hope not to damage the tube. Once the tube is damaged you can just get a vise grip slide hammer and pull it out with that. or just a vise grip on the tube and hammer on the vise grip tool. Most of the time, it is not that easy a job.

Brentz

Silverado 5.3L Engine swap

Unread post by Brentz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:33 am

I have a 95 Silverado with a cylinder with 5psi so i would like to swap my 5.3l from a 2000 GMC in to the 95. Is this possible and if so how much of a pain in the ass would it be? Thank you advance for answer.

carriedi

Re: Silverado 5.3L Engine swap

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:43 am

I have seen different opinions on the swap. why would you want to make a change like that instead of getting a period correct motor for your vehicle? Check to see if all your plug in connectors match up between the motors

Brentz

Unread post by Brentz » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:16 pm

Thanks for response. The only reason is bcuz i already have both motors.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:46 am

staying with the OE engine would be a lot easier. I have heard that changing the engine to a 5.3 will change the electronics and some people change the trans with the motor.

ctel

Unread post by ctel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:36 am

I put a 5.3 in my 1992 w/t. In mine i used a Microsquirt, but i should have used the stock computer and HP Tuners. This is still a really easy swap and much better than any 350 i ever had.