All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page Previous  1, 2

contributions: 6
Final update:
First Thnx for all the help!!!!!!!

The purple Starter wire was found to have been pinched at some point. I replaced it back to the source, reconnected to S post and still no crank!! I was pissed. I then removed wire from post and voltage tested. 12.9!!! WooHoo!!! but still no crank! ARGH.

Advance Auto Parts + 20% coupon; new starter installed and away I went down the road.

In the end, I believe I had 2 issues:
1). pinched wire
2). dying solenoid

Many the truck gods be with all of you!!!!

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2
Not sure if you have fixed problem or not, but my husband has a 98 Chevy 1500 5.7 vortec. He was experiencing the same issues you are and had to replace his crank shaft censor. Best way to test is to turn the key over and listen for fuel pump. Hear it? You have fuel. Next try this: go to where spark plugs are, take the spark plug wires off, lay a screwdriver against the metal. 1 of 3 things should happen. 1. You get a spark, 2. You get a small jolt, or 3. Nothing happens. This means the truck is cranking, getting fuel, but no fire power. Replacing the crank shaft censor should solve this issue. Hope this helps!!

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page Previous  1, 2