2007 Silverado check engine light

smorg

2007 Silverado check engine light

Unread post by smorg » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Greetings. I recently replaced the battery in my truck. Now the check engine light is on. The truck drives ok, no problems. I checked the OBD2 for codes, but none came up. I'm not sure, but I vaguely recall encountering a similar situation with my 1996 S10 after swapping the battery. I believe at that time I just needed to drive the vehicle for a little while and it went out. Would this be the case for this truck?

wildman

Re: 2007 Silverado check engine light

Unread post by wildman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:20 am

It could be a matter of the computer relearning (which I have been told before but never actually read a legitimate description in any manual) since you have no codes in the computer. If you had the reader and didn't get codes then I would run it till either it goes off or reads a code.
Shade-tree mechanic

Did You Find Some Great Help?
Why make a small tip / donation to show your appreciation-
Help Keep Us Free

Hunter

1997 Chevy Silverado Hard Starting

Unread post by Hunter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:48 am

I have a 97 1500 Z71 that is giving me trouble every time i go to start it. I literally have to crank it for a minute or two before it will fire up. The battery is good but won't be for long since I have to charge every couple of days. The starter is good as well. If i turn it off i have to wait for a while to restart it because it won't fire up at all. It will turn over and crank but it just won't run. Help

Meccboy

Re: Chevy Silverado starting issues

Unread post by Meccboy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am

You have a fuel pump going out. This truck engine MUST have 55 PSI fuel pressure or the engine will not start. You can bang on the bottom of the fuel tank while it is not starting to confirm this, because many times the engine will start right up after that, or get a fuel pressure gauge on it to see if it shows less that 55 PSI. The fuel filter is most likely plugged too from debre from the fuel pump. Carbon buildup in the throtle plate can also cause this, but the pump is the most common.

Troy

2002 Chevy avalanche 5.3 Stalls when you turn steering wheel

Unread post by Troy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:34 pm

when I first start vehicle its fine runs great take it for a ride when I come to a stop light and stay straight its fine but if I have to turn at the light and turn wheel too soon before rolling it will stall and it will start right back up and wont stall again when i turn the wheel then i can drive a little and come to a light and turn wheel and rpms will drop and stall again and start right up again no noise from power steering and it dosent have the pressure switch i am use to dealing with these symptoms so is it a bad pump or clogged line or something please help
its a 2002 chevy avalanche 5.3 LM7 engine no misfires runs great

carriedi

Re: 2002 Chevy avalanche 5.3 Stalls when you turn steering w

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:37 pm

throttle body coking can cause this. there is a reflash TSB that may affect this driveability problem too. tsb#03-06-04-057 (reflash)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.