Switch to full style
Post a new topic Post a reply
Tahoe rear door automatic locks
Hi, I have a 2004 Tahoe. The rear door locks became intermittent (both sides) a while back, now will not unlock with FOB or the panel on driver door. However, they do lock with either way. I was told it was probably actuators, so I replaced one side, guess what? Same deal. They will lock with either the FOB or on the driver door panel, but will not unlock with either. So, it is clearly not the actuator. What in the heck can cause this? Thank you very much. Doug
Re: Tahoe rear door automatic locks
If it's not an actuator problem, more than likely you have a wiring issue somewhere. Sometimes the wires can break inside the doors, or near the pass-through between the body and door inside the rubber boot. If you've lost either signal, it can affect both doors. This can be a difficult problem to actually pin down as there are so many places to check the wiring. If you have decent electrical knowledge, I would recommend getting a schematic and start by tracing the circuit that powers the unlock side of the circuit. You can be sure the ground is good since the doors actually lock. It could be anything from a faulty master switch, or a wiring problem like I mentioned before.

If you have a self powered test light, this can come in handy to probe each wire and then operate the locks via each switch and watch to see if it's getting both power and ground as it should each different direction.
Post a reply