can't get Chevy Blazer heater to work

mwogan1

can't get Chevy Blazer heater to work

Unread post by mwogan1 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:13 pm

I have a 2000 chevy blazer i put radi hoses water pump thromsat and still can't get heater to work

ProTech

Re: can't get Chevy Blazer heater to work

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 am

Could be a clogged heater core. That is fairly common on the Blazer and S10 models. Get the truck up to operating temperature and turn the heat on, then feel each heater hose with your hand. One is an inlet, the other is an outlet. They both should be very hot to the touch if everything is working properly. If one is hot and the other is just lukewarm or cold, then you know you're not getting flow through the heater core and it either needs to be cleaned out or replaced.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

michael.gardner.121398

Radiator Problems- Engine Blown

Unread post by michael.gardner.121398 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:11 pm

2001 Blazer LS problems overheating, hose blew, car would not start. Mechanic stated that radiator not flushed before and low gas and oil 2 quarts low, engine may be blown?

carriedi

Re: Radiator Problems- Engine Blown

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:28 pm

it may be that you have a blown engine but I think you need a little more than the info given to decide that. How hot the engine got, why doesn't it start, what is the condition of the oil, hows the coolant situation, does the engine turn over? Does the engine cranking over sound normal or dose it seem to turn over faster than normal like no compression?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

tammibrowning

Re: Radiator Problems- Engine Blown

Unread post by tammibrowning » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:30 am

You must provide more details to analyse the problem in detail .Since a professional from a car mechanic shop has told you about the problem I think it might be true.....