truck makes clicking sound when try to start

jmastny

Avalance won't warm up at idle

Unread post by jmastny » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 pm

I just installed a remote car starter in my 2005 Avalanche. When I use the remote start, the truck engine warms up in about 5 minutes or so, but the blower only blows cold air until the RPM's are increased. No matter how long I let the truck idle, it just blows cold air. As soon as I jump in and take off - I get hot air immediately. I even tried bringing the rpm's up while in park, and then I get hot air, but while the truck is at idle....nothing but cold. Any ideas?

Terry

Re: Avalance won't warm up at idle

Unread post by Terry » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Sounds like the coolant level is low.

awesomeamy70

truck makes clicking sound when try to start

Unread post by awesomeamy70 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:29 pm

I have a 2002 Chevy Avalanche and today after driving for a good 40 minutes I turn it off. Not 5 mins later I go to turn it on and it won't turn over and is making a clicking sound. I thought it was the battery so I had my friend get some jim jumper cables and it still didnt turn over. My neighbor thinks its the starter. Need help. I was also told to bit starter with a wrench or hammer while turning the ignition???? Help me please!!!

carriedi

Re: truck makes clicking sound when try to start

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:37 pm

if you go to start the engine and you get a very fast and repeating clicking sound it means that the battery is unable to hold the starter solenoid down (low battery)

If you turn the engine to start and you just get one click each time you put the key to the start position it's a sign of a bad starter. (usually the solenoid has burned the contacts and the solenoid is not allowing the current to the starter)

sometimes if you tap on the starter while the key is held in the start position, it will jar the contacts and the starter will crank the engine over. Once it's running don't turn it off until you are at the place where you are going to replace the starter. because you don't know if it's going to start again
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Tom

Re: Avalance won't warm up at idle

Unread post by Tom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 am

If coolant level is good, you have a restricted heater core. Get a flush service done, or do it yourself by removing heater core hoses and run a garden hose through it to blast into it to flush out all the gunk.