2005 Chevy Impala ignition

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
demmitt

2003 Monte 3.8l v6 --How to replace back sparkplugs

Unread post by demmitt » Wed May 12, 2010 2:29 pm

I have been unsuccessful with getting to the sparkplugs in the back. I have had a mechanic try. Just cant do it. I know we need certain tools. If someone can just tell me. pllllllease

Have had the car about 1.5-2 yrs and have put almost 30k miles on it.

help!!

TechJK

Re: 2003 Monte 3.8l v6 --How to replace back sparkplugs

Unread post by TechJK » Wed May 12, 2010 11:13 pm

If the underhood has a bar that goes across from the left to the right side that bolts to the top of the stut tower, remove that first. That will give you more room for your arm and elbow.
Then use a ratchet with a short extension and plug socket. A swivel spark plug socket works best.

vbs52

cd player hangs up

Unread post by vbs52 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 am

Cd player has hung up, no cd in it. once in, it won't release. Any suggestions, Can't afford to replace.

vbs

ProTech

Re: cd player hangs up

Unread post by ProTech » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 pm

There are no other options but to replace the radio if the cd mechanism is having issues. You can have the radio removed and sent out for repair, but that is pretty much the same cost as replacement. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's the way it is.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Donald

Monte Carlo Starting Procedure Delay

Unread post by Donald » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:09 pm

1999 Monte Carlo 3.1--hesitation between key turn and starter ignition--sometimes takes several key trys for connection with starter--starts and runs fine after starting. Auto parts store says alternator and battery check okay. What could be going out?

carriedi

Re: Monte Carlo Starting Procedure Delay

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:16 pm

your ignition switch sends power to fuse #7, 5Amp. then it goes to the neutral safety then to the starter relay under right side of the dash above the glove box. It is grounded by the theft deterrent module. You have to complete this side to the relay circuit to close the relay and send power to the starter solenoid.

you may have a security module problem if the ignition switch checks out ok
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

dunnpaul

Monte Carlo knocking in the dash

Unread post by dunnpaul » Wed May 13, 2015 8:22 am

I have a 2006 Monte Carlo when I turn off the outside air or turn off the car there is a knocking in the dash on the passenger side.

carriedi

Re: Monte Carlo knocking in the dash

Unread post by carriedi » Thu May 14, 2015 10:49 am

it could be one of the heater control doors moving to a neutral position. They sometimes make a noise when the gears start to get worn.

Re: Monte Carlo knocking in the dash

Unread post by Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:06 pm

I have the same problem, and I have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS (Black & Grey leather interior). It's a common problem in these cars that could cost you anywhere from $300-$1000 to fix. It has something to do with a piece breaking off in the air cooling system.

gw5301989

2005 Chevy Impala ignition

Unread post by gw5301989 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:35 am

My ignition got busted out so I went to the pull apart and got one from 2004 Impala with keyless remote entrie how do I rest not them the 30 min relearn

carriedi

Re: 2005 Chevy Impala ignition

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:27 am

to do a reset for the ignition key you just try to start the engine and then when it turns over but doesn't start you leave the key in the on position for ten minutes and see if the security light goes off after the ten minutes. then turn the key off and wait 5 seconds. then try to start the engine. It may take three times doing this, but some times just once will do it.

Dragon3458

Spark plug, coil arcing

Unread post by Dragon3458 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:36 pm

Hi there, I have a 1986 Chevy Celebrity wagon base model. It has the 2.8 V-6 2-barrel carb. I've owned it since October 2015. Put a complete tune up in it after I bought it. Ran darn near flawless in any temperature until 2 weeks ago. Began hesitating and backfiring. I looked at the engine in the dark a few nights ago and noticed the coil arcing. I bought a "Drive Works" ignition coil from Avanced Auto and installed it. The car seem to run better for a day or so before reverting back to lagging and backfiring. Looked at the engine again in the dark and noticed the coil was still arcing. Took it back and bought an Accel ignition coil. Installed it this morning and the car ran badly from the start. Just looked at the engine a few hours ago in the dark and it was lighting up like a Christmas tree. Purple/bluish light everywhere. Coil was arcing, wires were arcing with each other, the coil to distributor wire was arcing out almost it's entire length against the air cleaner. Car still runs, at idle it will miss and at higher RPM's while driving is "pops" (backfires). I checked the distributor cap and rotor, they didn't look bad. There is only around 15,000 miles on all the tune up parts. Could be a bad coil ground, but I'm not sure how this coil grounds. I believe it's through the bracket? The only wires on the coil itself are the coil to distributor plug wire and 2 wires that plug into the coil itself. I know the newer coil runs hotter so what are the chances another complete tune up with better quality wires solves this problem? Thank you!