reduce power light on for a 2006 grand prix 3800 seris v6

bigemike

reduce power light on for a 2006 grand prix 3800 seris v6

Unread post by bigemike » Sun May 27, 2018 3:23 pm

my son has a 2006 grand prix with the reduce light on,i have replaced the map sensor,throttle sensor,airflow sensor,fuses and had oeily's checked codes also replaced accelerater,whats next. need help please

carriedi

Re: reduce power light on for a 2006 grand prix 3800 seris v

Unread post by carriedi » Sun May 27, 2018 4:11 pm

what id the 8th digit in your vin code? a "2" or a "4"?

why did you replace all those parts? what were the codes that your car had? After replacing all the parts are there any codes now?

you know, most places that scan your car sell parts. they don't fix them. They just sell parts. I can remember way back when people used to replace O2 sensors all the time just to have the lean code come back after a short time. Because the O2 sensor wasn't bad. the car was running lean. The problem was the MAF not reading correctly. The MAF gets dirty and the dirt insulates the sensor from reading the correct airflow. So the engine gets more air than the MAF sensor tells the engine. After the fuel burn and exits to the exhaust the O2 sensor reads lean because the computer didn't give it enough fuel to match the air. So for the lean codes people were changing the O2 sensor. Too bad the O2 sensors weren't bad. they were reading correctly. The engine was running lean. Codes are just telling you what to look at. Look at what affects them...

You should have your car scanned with a scanner that can not just read codes but can show you the freeze frame and also let you look at the data stream. You need to see what's happening to turn on the reduce power light. You may have to hook up a lab scope and watch the pedal sensor to see if the reading at the sensor match the reading on the scanner for the TAC module. you could have a wiring problem.

so, what are the codes that you have now? After you clear the codes, how fast does the code return? as soon as you start the engine? Do you have to drive it for a while? Have you cleared the codes?

let me know what's going on.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Unread post by Guest » Sun May 27, 2018 5:49 pm

bigemike wrote:
> my son has a 2006 grand prix with the reduce light on,i have replaced the
> map sensor,throttle sensor,airflow sensor,fuses and had oeily's checked
> codes also replaced accelerater,whats next. need help please

OldPaul

Unread post by OldPaul » Sun May 27, 2018 6:13 pm

bigemike wrote:
> my son has a 2006 grand prix with the reduce light on,i have replaced the
> map sensor,throttle sensor,airflow sensor,fuses and had oeily's checked