2006 grand prix engine light flashing

stevencotter

2006 grand prix engine light flashing

Unread post by stevencotter » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Driving home I noticed my car started to run a little rough and a pond acceleration did not want to accelerate readily when I got home was idling very rough turn my car off nothing. Overheating next morning open my hood on inspection one of my engine mounts is broken don't know if thats the only problem engine light has been on for a while the engine light was flashing. Last night when I was accelerating when I know how to replace engine mount where it attaches to the engine is broken free also strangely when I would hit my brakes to stop last night coming home the engine light would stop flashing and go on solid.

carriedi

Re: 2006 grand prix engine light flashing

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:23 pm

the engine mount should be a separate issue from your check engine light. You need to see what cylinder is misfiring. Pretty sure if you scan for codes you will have at least one cylinder misfiring.

When your check engine light comes on it's because there is something wrong. you car is telling you that you should check it out be fore you get stranded or damage something.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

DaniGTP2008

Re: 2006 grand prix engine light flashing

Unread post by DaniGTP2008 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:24 pm

I have a 99. Sound like I'm having the same problem as you. But haven't checked the mount yet. Glad I saw this so now I can check mine just in case
I have a hard pull to the right all the time no matter what. Didn't think about the mounts.
My check engine light is on all the time because we cut the catalytic converters off. 02 sensor and mass airflow codes come up when scanned. No other issues come up. Misses and runs rough after tune up even.