2005 Pontiac window regulator

dwc1435

2000 Grand Prix SE Please Help me!!

Unread post by dwc1435 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Hey Guys i have a problem. About 6 months ago i replaced the passenger front strut bearing. Steering was perfect. After we replaced that, i took it for a ride and now i cant turn the car to the drivers side only, but it is not all the time. If i step on the gas it steers easy. The fluid in the resevoir is getting hot also no, i figure i have a blocked passege. But if i lift up the car on either side it doesnt do it. if it was the rack, wouldnt it do it all the time since its "bad". I have both outer tie rods brand new. One thing is that on the drivers side the lower control arm bushing on the front is below the control arm. also i am getting a weird noise like a pressure being trapped or somethin. PLEASE HELP.
My two front struts when i move the wheel, the area under the hood where the nut is the nut and that rubber are floating, i didnt know if that had anything to do with it.
I have no leaks or anything. Like i said the steering was perfect bofore i touched that passenger side. About the only thing we did on that side was put a pry bar in the control arm and pry it down to get the hub in the strut.
And i replaced the two struts in the front with used ones and now the same thing and the mounts now are actually floating when i turn the wheel back and forth.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.1 motor.

MeccBoy

2000 Grand Prix SE Steering Problem | Please Help me!!

Unread post by MeccBoy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:09 am

Hitting the gas to make the steering turn is the key to your problem. This is a problem inside the rack and pinion. The power steering pump is fine because you have pressure since the turning the other way works fine. You need to have the power steering rack and pinion replaced.

dwc1435

Re: 2000 Grand Prix SE Please Help me!!

Unread post by dwc1435 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:46 am

Yes that is what everybody was tellin me it just seems odd that it started right after we touched that strut bearing that a power steering rack would just go bad. I mean it dosent even do it all the time. it im standing still, i turn it to the left it binds, r=then if i just turn it a little to the right and go back left it turns easy all the rest i do it. i thought it could of been a air bubble in the system since when i open the power steering resevoir i get air pressure to spit out at me. if it was the rack would there be a leak, or sloppy steering.

mulehead1

2005 Pontiac window regulator

Unread post by mulehead1 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:14 pm

I need instructions on how to replace a left rear window regulator/motor on a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

carriedi

Re: 2005 Pontiac window regulator

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:08 pm

do you have any experience doing a window regulator or motor before? How much info do you need? Can you remove the door panel?

Is the window stuck in the up or down position? Or is it stuck somewhere in between?

you have to take the door panel off. take out the door lock button. Use a flat bladed tool at the front edge of the door handle bezel, lightly pry the bezel up and look for where the bezel clips are. use another flat tool and wiggle and release the bezel. Once the bezel is out remove the door pull screw covers and then unbolt the door pull. then you work on pulling the door panel out to get it loose from the retaining clips and go up to take it off the door. Unplug any connectors that connect to the door panel.

Unplug the electrical connector for the window motor. then unbolt the attachments for the window glass. Depending on where the window is stuck it may be difficult to get at the attachments. Once you have the glass loose you have to have something to hold the glass out of the way so you can unbolt and remove the regulator. if you are doing a regulator with motor or motor alone you have to take the whole thing out to work on it.

do you have the part yet? If you are replacing the regulator and motor it will be easy to see where the bolts you have to remove by holding the new regulator up to the door. Usually there are three screws for the regulator and three for the motor to the door panel.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.