Dodge Dakota 4x4 clicking sound

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
Candace

Dodge Dakota 4x4 clicking sound

Unread post by Candace » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi! Hopefully someone here can help me out! I have a dodge dakota 4 x4, when in regular driving it is fine,however I needed to use my 4 x4 and upon using it, a really loud clicking sound was coming from the front drivers side tire! What could be causing this? It doesn't make that sound when I take it out of 4 x 4, hoping someone know what causes this and how to fix it!

carriedi

Re: Dodge Dakota 4x4 clicking sound

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:02 pm

What year is your truck?

The axle joint might be bad. Does it make the noise along with wheel speed or make the noise only when turning? Torque on the wheel bearing could be a factor too.

need more info
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Candace

Unread post by Candace » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:11 pm

carriedi wrote:What year is your truck?

The axle joint might be bad. Does it make the noise along with wheel speed or make the noise only when turning? Torque on the wheel bearing could be a factor too.

need more info
A 2005 , and it makes that sound with the wheel speed, as long as it is in motion, but when in regular driving outta the 4x4 it doesn't make that sound at all, if that makes sense,

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:19 pm

you're going to have to have a shop or a mechanic listen to the noise to locate where it is coming from. Wheel bearing, axle joint, brake pads, differential,
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.