'89 Silverado power loss

ZachATTAK20

'89 Silverado power loss

Unread post by ZachATTAK20 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:09 am

So I have a problem with my truck. Hence the reason I am putting this up. My truck has had a problem in the past with going down the road then right in the middle, on the interstate mainly, it would lose power. After a split second the power comes back. Everything still works like the radio, ac, gauges, but my accelerator is gone for a split second then it is back. It has started doing it more frequently. The fuel filter was replaced, because I thought it may have been bad gas, but it still does it. The fuel pump went out two years ago and was replaced. What could the problem be?

carriedi

Re: '89 Silverado power loss

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:58 am

this is a tough one. Intermittent power loss could be a bunch of different things. electrical, mechanical, fuel pressure... you will need to have the problem happen while you have a scanner or an electrical circuit tester box attached to see what happens when the problem occurs.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

4wheeler

Air intake

Unread post by 4wheeler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Is it true that chips that connect to the maf/iat sender do nothing for performance on a 5.3 2011 silverado?

carriedi

Re: Air intake

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:13 am

pretty much... the maf measures the air going into the engine. It is over written by the O2 sensor reading the exhaust. If the O2 sensor reads too rich it will change the fuel trim to make it leaner and if it reads too lean it will richen it up. That's what fuel trims ( long term and short term) are for. So, if the change in the maf sensor is too much you will end up setting a code for too lean or too rich.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

4wheeler

Re: Air intake

Unread post by 4wheeler » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:21 am

How can you get more horsepower out of a stock computer on a 5.3 2011 siverado if not by one of those chips?