how to use the ENG/MET

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
SHOOTER

how to use the ENG/MET

Unread post by SHOOTER » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:54 am

how do you reset the schedule to 100% on a 2003 Buick lesabre.
I have found 2 methods and would like to know how to do this reset after an oil change.
here is what I found on it>

some say stomp the gas pedal 3 times fast with Ignition on ,
others say use the Eng/MET button I never touched this maybe you can help me .
Buick LeSabre, Park Avenue, 2000-05
Turn the ignition to ON. Press the GAGE INFO button on the driver information center (DIG) switch to view OIL LIFE INDEX. Press and hold the RESET button on the DIG until the display reads OIL LIFE INDEX 100% NORMAL. The engine oil life monitor is now reset.. Turn the ignition OFF.
Buick Terraza, 2005-06 Buick Park Avenue, 1997-99
When OIL LIGHT INDEX CHANGE OIL appears in the Driver Information Center, press and hold the RESET or TRIP RESET button while the oil life index is being displayed. After 5 seconds, the oil life will change to 100%.
Buick Le Sabre, 1995-99; Buick Park Avenue, 1995-96
When “CHANGE OIL SOON” light is illuminated, access the reset button in the glove box. With the engine off, and the ignition switch in the RUN position, press and hold the button for at least 5 seconds. The light will flash four times then go out.
Buick Allure Buick Lacrosse, 2005-06 Buick Century, 1997-05 Buick Regal, 1996-04 Buick Roadmaster, 1995-96
Turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator flashes two times, the system is resetting. Turn the key to OFF, then start the vehicle. If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator comes on and stays on for five seconds, repeat the procedure.
Attachments
buick oil reset.JPG
buick oil reset.JPG (103.87 KiB) Viewed 4306 times

carriedi

Re: how to use the ENG/MET

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:38 am

Gauge info or Gauges is the button your vehicle should have on your digital information center (DIC) to bring up you oil life display. press and hold reset button for 5 seconds and the oil life goes to 100%. then cycle the key off
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.