1995 olds aurora vacuum lines

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
radiobob

1995 olds aurora vacuum lines

Unread post by radiobob » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:18 pm

The part that mounts on top of the throttle body (evap emissions purge harness gm calls it). it has three vac connections to the throttle body and two actual vac lines going out. Do you know of anywhere it can be found or is there a way to fix it when it has hairline cracks on it? Hoping.

carriedi

Re: 1995 olds aurora vacuum lines

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:41 am

since you know what the GM name is, have you gone to the dealer to find one and they told you it is obsolete?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

radiobob

Unread post by radiobob » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Yes I did. I have also been to every parts place on the internet I can find. It was only made for 4 cars ever that I can find, and I cannot find anyone that has any anymore. It was only for 1995 olds aurora and 1995 cadillac deville/seville and el dorado. So It was only good for those 4 cars for the single model year of 1995.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:05 am

if the part is no longer available you may have to resort to making something up or trying to fix what you have. if there are cracks in the part that allow vacuum leaks can you use silicone sealer in the cracks? lightly coat over the cracks with the silicone sealer and let it sit over night. do you have a picture of the part?

Cheyenne

Unread post by Cheyenne » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:54 am

I bought my mother's car from her and I was told it needed a vacuum harness. I have looked everywhere online and can not find anything on it. Does anyone know what that would be or how to go about getting one?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:13 pm

you should find out why they said it needed a vacuum harness. Most of the time, you would replace the vacuum line that is a problem. A complete harness would only be available from a dealer. If your vehicle is a 95 Aurora, they probably have stopped making those years ago.

Find out what's wrong with your vacuum lines and just repair the bad sections. If you get on out of a junkyard it will probably be the same age as the one you have so I wouldn't bother getting a used one. Just ask the person that told you it needed a new one as to why they said that. You can just replace the lines with bulk vacuum line with the appropriate inside diameter.