Grand Prix 2007 center console light

Bmattson

Grand Prix 2007 center console light

Unread post by Bmattson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:16 pm

I have a 2007 Grand Prix.my center council light's don't come on.
I all ready checked the fuses .

carriedi

Re: Grand Prix 2007 center console light

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:56 pm

what lights are you talking about? Lights in the shift indicator if you have a console shifter? Map and dome lights if you have an overhead console? Light in the compartment of the console? and what fuse did you check to decide that it's not a fuse? What turns the lights on and off?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

marilynfan76

Brake/blinker passenger side keeps failing

Unread post by marilynfan76 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:27 am

The tail lights on both sides working. Drivers side, all three functions work. Passenger side, only the tail light works. It's the same bulb, I think it's called a dual filament bulb. Changed it, worked a week. Changed it again, only worked for a block! I have zero extra cash for a mechanic, have to try to repair this myself. Any ideas, greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

carriedi

Re: Brake/blinker passenger side keeps failing

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Not sure what your problem is. what circuit stops working? Tail light is one circuit. It is separate from other circuits. The turn signal is another circuit but that may be tied to the brake light circuit. What is it that stops working?

you are correct that the light bulbs are the same from side to side but is it that the bulb filaments get burned out (you should be able to visually see the separate filaments) or does the bulb stop working? You could have a bad socket or a problem with the wiring.

do you have a 12 volt test light to test your light circuits?

marilynfan76

Unread post by marilynfan76 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:13 pm

I know it's been a while, I was sick, and it's too cold here to do this outside. OK. The rear brake light and blinker are the same bulb as the tail light. It's a dual filament. The brake and blinker went out. The regular tail light still works. I replaced it. Drove a block, hit the brake, it went out immediately. I got an indication on the warning light panel. I'm trying to figure out why one filament in dual filament bulb would keep failing. Only one side, drivers side is fine, so it's not the thing under the brake pedal that lights up the brake lights. And it worked until I pressed the brake. Is this a bad socket maybe?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:34 pm

does the filament burn out or is the bulb not working? you could have a bad socket where there is a bad connection for the brake light circuit.