Knocking Noise on 1997 Venture Van

Barry

Knocking Noise on 1997 Venture Van

Unread post by Barry » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Knocking noise 1997 Chevy Venture Van
New drive arms, new wheel bearings.
I Have drive train noise. Like knocking..upon acceleration..or load only. Changed drive shifts and wheel bearings. drained transmission and new filter.
Transmission ..seems to be working..properly. all gears... Could this be the knock sensor I read about.?
or any other sensor.?? Only noise is when accelerate or on load. rotation knocking sound. Thank you.

JK

Re: Knocking Noise on 1997 Venture Van

Unread post by JK » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 pm

No, a sensor would not cause a noise. The knock sensor listens for engine knocking / spark knock. ping, so the PCM to reduce igntion timing.
Need to determine if the noise is engine speed related, or vehicle speed related.
If engine speed, then need to determine if lower end or valvetrain.
Could also be a belt tensioner or other drive belt accessory.

kday129

broken tensioner bolt

Unread post by kday129 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:37 am

I replaced my tensioner pulley assembly and received wrong bolt. Bolt broke off in mount. Any ideas on how to remove it so i can reinstall.

carriedi

Re: broken bolt

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:16 pm

it's going to be quite a job. how much of the bolt broke off in the hole?

to break off a bolt being screwed into a hole probably means that it is probably cross threaded and when the tension of the cross threading exceeded the shear strength of the bolt it snapped. So it will be very difficult to remove. You will probably have to drill out the broken bolt. Start with a small drill bit and try to drill down the center of the broken bolt. Keep stepping up in size until you can get an "easyout" extractor in the bolt and try to reverse it out. You might even have to drill it out bigger and bigger and step up the "easyout" extractors until it backs out the bolt. Sometimes even then, sometimes the bolt won't come out. You might have to drill it all the way out and either rethread the hole or drill it out bigger and install a helicoil.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Cristian720

Motor & Transmission

Unread post by Cristian720 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:06 am

I have a 2003 3.4 motor and transmission for a Chevy for sale.In Guymon,Oklahoma $800 for both.

carriedi

Re: Motor & Transmission

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:47 am

so, did you sell it?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.