Chevy Silverado Check engine service light after oil change

sydney

1998 K1500 5.7 moving misfire

Unread post by sydney » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Misfire starts in cylinders 5 and 7. Moves to cylinder 6 then 4, 3 sometimes others with acceleration then almost disappears at higher rpm. 172K new plugs and wires only code is P0300.

Meccboy

Re: 1998 K1500 5.7 moving misfire

Unread post by Meccboy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Sounds like possibly fuel injector problem. May be debre in the system. Try an injector cleaning service. Or a bad tank of gas.

rod

Chevy Silverado Check engine service light after oil change

Unread post by rod » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:56 pm

I've got a check engine lite on a my Chevrolet Silverado after doing an oil change but it runs fine.

ProTech

Re: Check engine service lite

Unread post by ProTech » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:40 pm

It could be related, or be something totally different. You might want to start by checking and making sure the oil fill cap on the right side valve cover is completely on and tight. If left loose, it can set a lean code.

Also, check for anything else that may have been disturbed or accidentally left disconnected after the oil change. If the air filter was checked, maybe the Mass Airflow Sensor came disconnected when the lid was removed. Things like that would really be the only items that would set a check engine light on after an oil change. I'd also recommend checking the oil level, although being low would not set a trouble code.

If nothing seems out of place, you'd have to get the truck scanned to see what code is actually stored and then go from there.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

only1spyderman

99 running rough until i hit 2000 rpms

Unread post by only1spyderman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:18 am

I have a 1999 silverado, 4.3 2wd. the truck runs rough til i get to 2000 rpms. any ideas on what would cause this? thanks

carriedi

Re: 99 running rough until i hit 2000 rpms

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 am

any codes stored in memory? Freeze frame? have you looked for misfires with a scanner? What are your fuel trims? how's your fuel pressure regulator? check it for a leak to vacuum?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

ddiamonds

94 chevy k1500 running issues

Unread post by ddiamonds » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:02 pm

got a mechanical question for you, got a 94 chevy k1500 with a 5.7 v8 with throttle body injection, boggs down at stops and when accelerating basically anytime there is a load on the engine, fine when in park or neutral, replaced spark plugs, wires, coil, air and fuel filter, oil change, and idle air control valve. still does it not as bad but still does it, there is no cat to get clogged but the muffler does have a hole in it

carriedi

Re: 94 chevy k1500 running issues

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:24 pm

you might want to check your EGR valve operation. it works on two things at once, vacuum and exhaust backpressure. The vacuum part may be working correctly but the backpressure may be opening up the EGR because the spring is weak. Try driving it with the EGR vacuum line off and plugged. If it seems to be gone, replace the EGR valve. If you do need an EGR valve get one from the dealer or an AC Delco one. I have found that some aftermarket valves don't work correctly for these 90's vehicles.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.