04 Saturn Vue AWD V6 hard starting

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
JGBuffy

04 Saturn Vue AWD V6 hard starting

Unread post by JGBuffy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:16 pm

I just bought a 04 Saturn Vue and after I have it running awhile to go somewhere I come back out and it wants to start hard. It cranks awhile but if I let off the key n hit it again while I'm on the gas pedal a little bit then it starts but I have to stay on the gas a minute after it does start I was wondering what it could be.

carriedi

Re: 04 Saturn Vue AWD V6 hard starting

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:35 pm

you should scan the engine and check the coolant temperature and also look at your fuel trims. You could be running rich and flooding it. That's why it starts easier when you step on the gas. Lets in more air. Next time it doesn't start normally try holding the gas pedal to the floor. That will tell the engine to stop the fuel and clear it out if it is flooding. If it starts sooner that way you should look into why it's running rich. Coolant temp reading too cold, fuel pressure regulator leaking fuel through the vacuum line.

that would be a couple general things to look at
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

ABF

Saturn vue transmission failure

Unread post by ABF » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:53 am

Saturn vue will loose power and the engine reves up but vehicle won't pull. I'll park it and it will run fine later. A few days, weeks, or months it will do it again. No consistency, no pattern. It is as if the transmission fails and recovers later. Any ideas?

carriedi

Re: Saturn vue transmission failure

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:35 am

what is your fluid level and what's the color and smell
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.