Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
I went to smog my Saturn SL2 today and the tech can't smog it because the Trac button is stuck on (he tried to disable it by pulling the ABS fuse and Trac stays on). I need to get into the panel that has the Trac button in it to see if it's just dirty or if it's broken. I've tried to pry that panel open with a flathead and it won't budge. I have looked in my Chilton Saturn book, on Youtube ( richpin) and various forums for the info. as to how I get into this part of the dash. Has anyone else had this problem with the Trac staying on and how the heck does that panel containing the Trac button come off? Any advice is so appreciated as I need to get my car smogged. Thanks in advance!

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1957
Maybe because I live in a different area... why does the trac button make it so you can't pass a smog inspection? you can still look at emission monitors and see if there are any emission related codes.

or can't you?

contributions: 2
Hi carriedi,

Thanks for your response! I guess with traction control active the wheels spin differently. Or not spin whatever the case. Anyway when the tech put it on the rollers to smog test the car the trac prevented the wheels from spinning correctly for the test. The Trac is not something I've ever needed in California. I didn't even know the dang button was stuck on! I took the to car to be scanned today and no codes came up. I felt like it was the switch containing the button. So I took the switch out of the car, went to pick n pull and found my swtch! I've put the new/used/pulled switch in the car and it works! In fact I keep turning it off and on cuz I can't beleive I'm so lucky! I'm stoked!

Not bad for a girl!

Thanks again for your response!

contributions: 1957
oh, okay. In Oregon you just have to pass with the OBD2 scan. If all the monitors show as passed and there are no codes stored, you pass. We got rid of the dyno-testing years ago. I think one of the reasons was because so many cars and trucks have all wheel drive, automatic 4 wheel drive and traction control that made it so they couldn't go on the dyno.

Ask A Question Reply