saturn L series turn signal problem

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Saturn questions.
bobman1234

Saturn Tail Light Problem

Unread post by bobman1234 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:10 am

I have a 2003 Saturn Ion - the right tail light is continually going out. I have replaced the bulb many times over the last several years. The brake light and turn signal work fine on that side. When I hit the cover of the light the tail light will come on sometimes but it will usually go out again while I am driving. It is not the bulb because I have changed it many times and the brake and turn signal work fine - Is this something to do with the wiring or electrical for the tail light? What causing this problem? And how much could I expect a repair of this problem to cost?

Thanks.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: Saturn Tail Light Problem

Unread post by butchkaz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:34 am

Sounds like the socket the bulb goes in is faulty.
This can cause a filiment in the bulb to work, and another filiment to not work.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

Re: Saturn Tail Light Problem

Unread post by Guest » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:32 pm

butchkaz wrote:Sounds like the socket the bulb goes in is faulty.
This can cause a filiment in the bulb to work, and another filiment to not work.
Had the same thing on my Grand Am.
Replaced the bulb socket and all is well.

egale3443

saturn L series turn signal problem

Unread post by egale3443 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 pm

have a 2000 L series Saturn, when using the turn signals they will not cancel. any ideas what the problem might be? have already replaced the switch assembly.

carriedi

Re: saturn L series turn signal problem

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:03 pm

when you switch the turn signal on the center part should be tied to your steering column and it hits the cancel. it slides over when turning but grabs when turning back. Look at your old switch. you should be able to see how it should work by looking at it. If it won't cancel either the center ring that is driven by the steering wheel is not securing properly or a piece may be missing.
Attachments
saturn-turn-signal-switch.jpg
saturn-turn-signal-switch.jpg (29.8 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.