Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
I have a 2006 Saturn Ion and my brake light comes on and out when the car is in motion. It also comes on when I make a left hand turn. The light will either come on for abut 10 seconds, but lately within the last couple of days it has stayed on as long as 20 minutes before going off. I recently has my back brakes done (May) and have had a coil repaired that was causing the car to shut off. What could be causing this?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1957
you should check for voltage in the light blue wire on your brake light switch when the light is staying on. If you have battery voltage when you are not stepping on the brake switch the switch is bad. you should have power on the orange wire to the brake switch all the time. Stepping on the brake pedal closes the contacts to allow voltage to travel through the switch to tell the body control module to turn on the brake lights in the rear of the vehicle. If you do not have power on the light blue wire when the brake lights are staying on you may have a problem with the body control module.

Ask A Question Reply