1987 S-10 Defrost airflow blocked by mouse ,etc.

Wrenchy

1987 S-10 Defrost airflow blocked by mouse ,etc.

Unread post by Wrenchy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:32 am

A mouse has blocked the driver's side air flow to my windshield for defroster. Also, the right outside air vent area. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to access the defroster area to remove whatever is blocking the airflow from the defroster/heater fan, short of dismanteling my whole truck ?!!! :roll:

Don't you just LOVE mice !!!???

carriedi

Re: 1987 S-10 Defrost airflow blocked by mouse ,etc.

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:49 pm

take out your blower motor. with the blower motor and fan out you have a big hole to get a large vacuum hose into the heater box and may be able to get the nest out.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Wrenchy

Re: 1987 S-10 Defrost airflow blocked by mouse ,etc.

Unread post by Wrenchy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:53 am

Thank you, Carredi, I'll give it a try . I cannot believe how much damamge those mice can do ! They get into EVERYTHING ! My shop was clean until the mice moved in this last Winter. Now, I am going to have to go over every square foot of my shop, all of the boxes, etc.,all of my motorized stuff, etc., and clean the mouse leavings, chewed-up paper, etc. out.! My truck was parked on the carport all winter, and the mice still did their thing !
I have ordered a couple of EFFECTIVE mouse traps ! I am going to take the battle to THEM ! Ha ! Ha! He! He! Ha! Ha! Ha!.......lol