Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
I have an 05 Dodge Dakota V6 4WD SLT. I'm trying to replace the right side downstream O2 sensor. I can't see how to get to the electrical connector. The wires disappear over the tranny. Is there a way to get to the connector without disassembling something?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1957
do you already have the new sensor? have you compared it to the one in the vehicle now? you should be able to put the new sensor up to the one in the vehicle and get a sense of where the connector will be located at. Book time to change the sensor is .5 hours so there shouldn't be anything that you should have to remove to replace it. It may be in a difficult place to get your hands into but it should be able to be done.

When I work underneath a vehicle I have the comfort of being able to lift the vehicle over my head to make it easier to work on but some things are still difficult.

I do have the sensor and had estimated where the connector would be but I just don't seem to be able to get to it. I've tried reaching up along the cable but my arm and hand are too large to get to the connector. I'm thinking there must be another path to get to the connector. If the book time is only 1/2 hr, then you must be correct that there shouldn't be any disassembly. Unfortunately, I can only jack the front end up so I'm laying on my back to reach it. Thanks for the help.

contributions: 1957
if you can't get your hands in between the trans and the body you could look at lowering the trans mount and see if that gives you more room

Book time to change the sensor is .5 hours so there shouldn't be anything that you should have to remove to replace it. It may be in a difficult place to get your hands into but it should be able to be done.??

Ask A Question Reply