Replacing PCM require programming?

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
johannadavis

front end Noise

Unread post by johannadavis » Mon May 26, 2014 6:20 pm

On my 1993 dodge Dakota I have a noise in The front end sounds like heard not engaging even when in 2wheel drive I need help finding out what it could be

carriedi

Re: front end Boise

Unread post by carriedi » Mon May 26, 2014 9:53 pm

I know it's hard to relate a noise by writing about it but I need more information. Where does the noise sound like it's coming from? left side, right side. When does it make the noise? as soon as you put it in drive, when the car starts to roll, at a certain speed, on acceleration, on deceleration, when turning to the right, when turning to the left... what does the noise sound like. A hard knocking, a clicking noise, does it change with wheel speed?

have you checked your lug nut to verify they're all tight?

have you jacked up the wheels and checked the 4wd? there is a vacuum switch activated by the shift selector on the front of the transfer case. check to see if it's working normally.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

peloqt1

Replacing PCM require programming?

Unread post by peloqt1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:19 pm

I have a 98 Caravan 3.3 Flex fuel and I’ve been told it needs a new PCM. If I replace it, does that require bringing it in to a dealership to have it programmed for VIN and Mileage?
(If needed, VIN is: 2B4GP45G3WR721898)

Don't even want to start on fixing it if it does.

carriedi

Re: Replacing PCM require programming?

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:24 pm

yes, you will need to have it flashed. the dealer will need to retrieve information from your original pcm so they can transfer the info to the new pcm.

info for your skim, abs, srs and vin# and mileage.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Blackcat345

Re: Replacing PCM require programming?

Unread post by Blackcat345 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 am

you should use a scanner and see what it says about your transmission. sounds like you might be losing your trans. see what you pressures are and if it has the pid for material wear.