Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
I am at a loss. It started about a week ago. Driving and the van just died. It is a 92 B250 with a 318 5.2L. Tried to start it and it would crank but i couldn't hear the fuel pump, replaced that 6 months ago. I checked the relays and could not find anything. Tried starting it and it fired up. Drove home.

It did this to me on and off all week and then it just wouldn't restart. I towed him home and hard wired the fuel pump and it works but still wouldn't start. So I went ahead and replaced all the relays and repaired a couple of wires. Still nothing. I replaced the ignition switch it was pretty corroded and it fired up. Went to drive to work made it there, about 40 minutes, and it died down the street from my house on the way back. I replaced the neutral safety switch because had oil in it. I had my transmission rebuilt about 8 months ago. I also replaced the switch plate assembly/cam shaft sensor. I am thinking it may be the crankshaft. I also now do not have any spark and still no power to fuel pump when key is turned. It cranks but doesn't start.

I don't know what else to do??? this is my only car and i need it to take my kids to school and for work. PLEASE HELP!!!

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2002
sorry but I don't have much help for you. Without seeing your van I don't know what was lost to cause the stall and no restart. Fuel, spark, timing, exhaust, could be many things. you're going to need to have someone look at when it won't start so they can see what you're missing.

Coil getting hot, cam or crank sensor, power to the ignition system, shorting injector, IAC - throttle body coking...

when does the engine die? is it when you have your foot on the gas and are driving down the road, or does it die when you let off the gas pedal and are coming to a stop? When it doesn't start have you tried to start it a couple of times and then held the gas pedal to the floor while you are cranking the engine with the key until it restarts? (could be flooded)

everything would just be a guess. sorry

contributions: 2
Thanks but I go it! Who says a girl can't do it!!! It was the ground on the starter relay. Cranked right up!!!! :)

contributions: 2002
Hey, congrats. it's great when it turns out to be something simple.

Well done BluBByGirl. Congrats an keep it up..

Ask A Question Reply