Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
Has any Honda or Acura Dealer mechanic ever installed just a new igniter as part of the defective Honda air bag recall?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1898
I am not a Honda or Acura Dealer mechanic. But I do know that a recall has been issued for the Takata built air bags (NHTSA 14V-700 which was in addition to NHTSA 14V-353)
I would imagine that the items to be replaced are stated within the recall procedures

contributions: 2
When I first contacted Honda; they were insistent that all they had to do was install a igniter. After drilling them on this for over a month, they finally said they were going to put an entire inflator in the drivers side of my nieces MDXalong with a new clock spring and controller. Then, when they finished that; I asked a person in upper management why they didn't replace the passenger side? His answer was because it was recalled because it was installed improperly; not because of a propellant issue. I immediately emailed him the internal memo that the recalls were both for faulty propellant (14-029 driver and 14-030 passenger) they immediately apologized, fired the rep and installed a new inflator on the passenger side. Don't let them stroke you. They really don't know the exact reason why these are combusting too fast, over pressurizing the canister and sending people to their death. A couple a years ago, Honda was successful in getting a complete report on the issue redacted from the NHTSA. It took another death in October. 2014 for the NHTSA and congress to wake up.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.
Peter Coulter Takataairbagskill@gmail.com

Ask A Question Reply