safety restraint system Ford Freestar

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
onefeather

safety restraint system Ford Freestar

Unread post by onefeather » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:27 pm

do I need to replace crash sensors or switches when fixing a deployed air bag? where are they located on the vehicle and can I get them from local auto parts store? 2004 Ford Freestar Van.

carriedi

Re: safety restraint system Ford Freestar

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:41 pm

there is a big long list of replacement parts you have to replace after an airbag deployment. First thing is to have the vehicle scanned for all the codes in the restraint control module. Depending on the airbags that were deployed some frame pieces may need to be replaced or restored to OE condition before installing components.

because airbags are a safety item and diverse between manufacturers and models I do not believe they would be available for a local parts store. You can check for the dealer parts numbers and see if you can cross reference the OE part number into the auto parts store system.

there is a liability to fixing the restraints system yourself. If you are involved in an accident and something you installed resulted in an injury, by not acting in the manner the OE would or should have done, you could be found liable for the injuries sustained. So, be careful and make sure if you fix it yourself that you fixed everything correctly.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

onefeather

Re: safety restraint system Ford Freestar

Unread post by onefeather » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:08 pm

thank you for the valuable advice and I will take the vehicle to my local dealership garage and have the final stage of repair done there. I'm sure it would be the most safest way to get it done. thanks again...best regards