Ford Freestar headlights washers dim electrical

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
onefeather

Ford Freestar headlights washers dim electrical

Unread post by onefeather » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:47 pm

2004 Ford Freestar van, after removing both headlights and replacing, my right headlight comes on dim and windshield washer pump runs. I don't see any wires plugged in wrong. Any ideas? How can I trace this problem? stumped.

carriedi

Re: Ford Freestar headlights washers dim electrical

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:13 pm

sounds like you may have lost your ground for the right headlight. So, the power looks for the best ground it can find and it happens to be your washer pump. Check the black wire at the headlight connector. see if you have a good ground. If the wire shows a good ground check it when you turn on the headlight. You could have a bad ground wire or you could have a broken ground connection in the light socket. easier to check when you have the light bulb out, then check the ground terminal in the bulb socket. If the wire and the socket terminal ohm out good the try a jumper to the black wire and turn the headlight on
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

onefeather

Re: Ford Freestar headlights washers dim electrical

Unread post by onefeather » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:01 pm

yes, this makes sense, I did remove the ground wires and then put them back, I will remove them again and clean the ground area and then put them back, I am sure that will correct the problem. thanks for your input.