brake problem with 85 Bronco

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
Bushhog57

brake problem with 85 Bronco

Unread post by Bushhog57 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:25 pm

While pulling my boat my brakes started grabing and locking up ..front rotors got hot locked not solid but I had no brakes. Got it to a friend's house. We changed rotors, calipers, brake lines, and master cylinder. Bleed a quart and a half of fluid through the lines front and back..still have no peddle or brakes ? Anyone have a suggestion. .I'm stumped

carriedi

Re: brake problem with 85 Bronco

Unread post by carriedi » Mon May 11, 2015 9:34 pm

wow, that is a problem.

when you bled the brakes, did you do it by pumping the pedal? Were you getting a good solid stream out of the calipers and wheel cylinders?

You might have to start at the master cylinder and block off the ports and work your way down to the calipers and wheel cylinders to find out where you are loosing pressure at. Don't start the engine. Pump the vacuum out of the booster. How does your pedal feel. If it is not hard and at the top, remove the brake lines at the master and plug off the ports with fittings. Do you get a good pedal with that? if the pedal is good there, then work your way to through the combination valve and see if you still have good pressure.

Have you tried using a pressure bleeder? Vacuum bleeder? hows the rear brakes? Are they adjusted up? Does the brake pedal feel any different if the parking brake in on?

so many things are are running through my head but not being able to see what and how things were done, I don't know what to say.

New or rebuild master? is the replaced master bad?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Bushhog57

Re: brake problem with 85 Bronco

Unread post by Bushhog57 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:17 am

The master cylinder is new. Without the engine running it has a bit of a peddle. Rear shoes are up and bled alot of air frorm rear but very little from front. When you start it all peddle goes away. Your probably right about plugging it off piece by piece. Thank you !